Sunday, April 7, 2019

How to Get Your Teacher Ready by Jean Reagan


How to Get Your Teacher Ready is written by Jean Reagan and illustrated by Lee Wildish. This is a fun story for young children to read! It goes throughout the first day of school, but instead of the teacher showing the students everything, the children in the story show the teacher. Not only do the students get the teacher ready for the first day of school, but also picture day, the holiday concert, the 100th day of school, field day, etc. Many students don't know that teachers also have first day of school jitters. This book shows children that it's important to make your teacher feel comfortable in the classroom too. It's a silly book which kids will really enjoy, but it also shows how you should be caring towards your teachers.


If you are interested in seeing a video of this book, click here:




I can really relate to this book, and I'm sure other teachers will too! Sometimes on my first day of huge events at school, I have students help me get ready. As teachers, we usually have to figure things out on our own. I have had to go into other classrooms and follow a new routine. Luckily, many of the students can help me out if I don't know the routine of that classroom. It's nice to have helping hands!

I also believe that students will get a kick out of it! It's funny for them to see the kids in the book help the teacher get ready for school. Usually, it's the other way around. I have read this story to many of my classes, and it's one of their favorites. I usually ask my students what they would do to help me get ready for school. One girl told me that she would help me find my classroom. A boy told me that he would tell me where they keep the blocks. Another student told me that she would show me all of our books that we have in our classroom. It was nice to see how helpful they would be to me.



Many teachers really do need some help getting ready for school. Which is why I think you should visit a blog that is filled with teacher organizational and management tips! Even if you have been teaching for a really long time, you should check it out. There's always something new and exciting to try. For example, voice level light-up buttons that you can put in your classroom. Check it out for yourself here:
https://kristynsclassroom.blogspot.com/

I really hope you enjoy this book! I know that many of my classes did!



                                                                 HAPPY READINGS!

                                                                            Jenna

3 comments:

  1. This book looks adorable! It is so true that teachers get nervous too and this book is great way to express that to children. Also, thanks so much for the shoutout :)
    -Kristyn P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the share, Jenna! I love the idea that even the teachers need to get ready and need help! This would be a great book for the first days of schools!

    ReplyDelete